Track USPS Tracking @Trackingi.com. Enter USPS Tracking Number and get USPS Tracking Status .Authorized US Post office tracking .We support Usps international tracking and USPS Track Package done here.
- USPS Tracking Package and Mail
- How does USPS Tracking work?
- What does a USPS Tracking label look like?
- How to use Usps Tracking other than Usps.Com Tracking ?
- Track USPS package
- Track USPS by number
- USPS Priority Mail Domestic tracking
- How long does Priority Mail take?
- USPS Priority Mail International tracking
- USPS Priority Internatoinal delivery times
- USPS Priority Mail Express International tracking
- USPS First Class Mail International Tracking
- US Ground Mail tracking
- What is USPS Tracking?
- What is USPS First Class Package International?
- How long does First Class Mail take?
- USPS First Class Tracking
- USPS International Tracking
- How long does it take for international first class mail?
- USPS Expected Delivery Window
- What can I do if my mailpiece hasn’t been delivered?
- USPS Delivery Tracking
- What does USPS tracking number look like?
- What’s In Transit means in USPS
- What’s Out for Delivery means in USPS
- What does Return to Sender means?
- Other Tracking Statuses
- Where do I find my tracking number?
- How do I access tracking information?
- How long are records kept for tracking?
- USPS Text Tracking
- USPS Text Tracking From your phone:
- USPS Text Tracking From the web site:
- USPS Priority Mail International standard and Express Service
- USPS Global Express Guaranteed
- USPS Business Solutions
- USPS Parcel Select Ground
- USPS Parcel Select Ground tracking
- USPS Parcel Select delivery time
- USPS package lost or stolen what to do?
- USPS Contact Information
- About USPS
The United States Postal Service ( Otherwise called the Post Office, U.S. Mail, or Postal Service) is a free office of the official part of the United States central government liable for offering postal assistance in the United States, including its separate territories and related states. It is one of only a handful barely any administration organizations unequivocally approved by the United States Constitution.
US Post tracking package is easy as explained in sections below. Remember, no matter which tracking number you have, you can always track it with our universal postal tracker. USPS Tracking service provides start to finish thing following and is accessible for most household mail items that are sufficiently huge and that are routed to residential areas, including to restricted Army Post Offices (APOs), Fleet Post Offices (FPOs), Diplomatic Post Offices (DPO) goals and to ZIP Codes in U.S. regions and assets or Freely Associated States.
USPS Tracking Package and Mail
Entering the USPS tracking number related with a usps mailpiece into the USPS Tracking Text box above to present USPS Package status. That info includes, if available, delivery and/or attempted delivery information, including date and time of delivery as well as the delivery location of the item (mailbox, reception desk, neighbor, etc.). USPS Tracking does not expedite or guarantee delivery. There is no additional cost for the tracking mechanism on products that automatically include USPS Tracking.
To Track Usps Shipment You need to add USPS Tracking Number in the format of I.e “9400 1000 0000 0000 0000 00 “, or something like this “EC 000 000 000 US”. You can find this Usps Tracking number on Your Post Office shipping receipt, on the sales receipt if you bought insurance at the US Post Office, On the email confirmation if you shipped from USPS.com ,on the shipping confirmation email you received from an online retailer and on the bottom peel-off portion of your USPS Tracking label.
That data incorporates, if accessible, conveyance or potentially endeavored conveyance data, including date and time of conveyance just as the conveyance area of the thing (post box, front counter, neighbor, and so on.). USPS Tracking does not facilitate or ensure conveyance. There is no extra cost for the following system on items that consequently incorporate USPS Tracking. Fundamentally, you pay for that item’s postage, and following is incorporated, except if you are shipping USPS Marketing Mail bundles. Adding USPS Tracking to that business mailing administration requires paying a charge.
How does USPS Tracking work?
USPS Tracking begins working when following hierarchy created with ordering parcels with usps post office.
- Label Created : The label of your identifiable shipment is filtered a few times all through the mailstream, regardless of whether we have it or one of usps transportation accomplices does.
- Label Scanning : Tracking can begin when the package’s sender or our delivery accomplice informs us electronically that we ought to anticipate a courier.
- Parcel Accepted For Transit : It proceeds with USPS accepting the parcel for travel and finishes when the courier is delivered or grabbed by the receiver or the beneficiary’s specialist.
- Tracking online Update :All through this procedure, you can get to this tracking data in an assortment of routes through the USPS Tracking number related with the thing.
What does a USPS Tracking label look like?
- USPS Tracking Retail Label
- Label 400, USPS Tracking Label, Front
How to use Usps Tracking other than Usps.Com Tracking ?
There are multiple tracking option available for tracking parcels,packages and shipping’s from united states postal service [USPS].There many websites and applications that is able to services tracking services when usps.com’s tracking services are down (Tracking down) or take a long to respond / Web page down. Our Tracking tools at and Trackingi.com and USPS-Track.us are able to track all consignment from USPS USA, USPS Canada,UK and All american regions. Our tracking features covers all tracking service of USPS Tracking USA to USPS Tracking World wide. Our Tracking Features:-
- All kind of Tracking From USA,Canada,Australia and Europe.
- Real Time Tracking from USPS.com
- Fast and Authorized Tracking as we are using official USPS tracking 2019.
- We Support Reference number tracking when Tracking Id not available.
- We are providing USPS Post office tracking with site wide Post office Zip Code look up service
Track USPS package
Once you enter the tracking number of an item(s) into the USPS Tracking website, you can review the latest status of that item. Depending on the status, origin and destination, and the class and services of the item, you may be able to take a number of different actions if available. You can find the item’s tracking history and see what kind of services and features are associated with it. You can request emails and/or text messages about your item or a Proof of Delivery email. You can also leave instructions for the carrier on where to leave your mailpiece if no one is available to accept it.
Track USPS by number
To check on the delivery status of your mailing, enter your tracking or confirmation number in the field above.
When you handover parcel to local USPS counter they will give a 16 digit receipt which you should keep safe until the item gets delivered meanwhile you can check the status of an item via text or mail.
You can also check details by sending a text message to 28777 with your tracking number.Enter your 16 digit USPS tracking bar code in the below box to know about transit or delivery information.
USPS Priority Mail Domestic tracking
When you have a package to post quickly, Priority Mail is a great option for US domestic deliveries. Priority Mail is a domestic parcel service offered by the United States Postal Service. USPS Priority Mail is a quick and economical way to mail packages under 70lbs within the US. When large envelopes or packages are too heavy to ship via First-Class Mail, Priority Mail is the next best service for price and transit time.USPS Priority Mail is a fully tracked service, offering full visibility of your package from drop off to delivery
How long does Priority Mail take?
Priority Mail takes 1-3 business days, depending on where you’re shipping from and to. Sending a package from New York to Philadelphia will be quicker than New York to Los Angeles for example.
USPS Priority Mail International tracking
This is also quick delivery USPS service but compares to priority mail express it takes 1 to 3 business days depending upon the location with flat rate charges starts from $6.65 and very on destinations.
USPS Priority Internatoinal delivery times
- Priority Mail International transit times can vary depending on where you are shipping to. If you are shipping to neighboring countries such as Canada or Mexico then you can expect estimated transit times of around 6 working days, plus the same sort of time can be expected to major destinations in Europe.
- If shipping to South America, Africa or Asia from the US, the USPS shipping times are more likely to be around 10 working days. USPS Priority Mail international transit times to Australia would be the same.
USPS Priority Mail Express International tracking
This is one of the quickest mail delivery services of USPS for urgent documents, student letters etc. In most of the states, they can deliver overnight before 10 AM.
USPS First Class Mail International Tracking
USPS Tracking is included at no charge for First-Class Package Service-Retail and First-Class Package Service-Commercial. Although First-Class Mail® postcards, letters, and flats are not eligible for USPS Tracking, those items are eligible for other extra services that provide barcodes for scanning.
The US Postal Service’s First Class Mail International is an affordable way to send mail—including letters, bills and postcards—and small packages weighing four pounds or less to international destinations. Using First Class Mail International, deliveries generally take between 7–21 days to arrive, although the USPS does not guarantee delivery dates or times. Mail may travel to its destination by ground, air or a combination of both.
Keep up with your international shipment with USPS International Tracking. The USPS provides different levels of package tracking for international packages depending on the mail class. For Global Express Guaranteed and Priority Mail Express International, you receive delivery status information using the Track & Confirm tool. For Priority Mail International, you can get delivery information for all packages with two exceptions: Tracking information is only provided optionally for select destinations when you use Priority Mail International Flat‑Rate Envelopes or Small Flat‑Rate Boxes. Free USPS Tracking is available for select destinations for First Class Package International Service shipments.
US Ground Mail tracking
USPS Retail Ground is a reliable and economical way to ship less-than-urgent deliveries and oversized packages. Retail Ground includes USPS Tracking, good for packages too large for Priority Mail Express and Priority Mail delivery, only available at USPS Post Offices.
What is USPS Tracking?
USPS Tracking service provides end-to-end item tracking and is available for most domestic mail products that are large enough and that are addressed to domestic locations, including to limited Army Post Offices (APOs), Fleet Post Offices (FPOs), Diplomatic Post Offices (DPO) destinations and to ZIP Codes in U.S. territories and possessions or Freely Associated States.
Entering the tracking number associated with a mailpiece into the USPS Tracking page gives you the current status of an item along with other tracking information. That info includes, if available, delivery and/or attempted delivery information, including date and time of delivery as well as the delivery location of the item (mailbox, reception desk, neighbor, etc.).
USPS Tracking does not expedite or guarantee delivery. There is no additional cost for the tracking mechanism on products that automatically include USPS Tracking. Basically, you pay for that product’s postage, and tracking is included, unless you are shipping USPS Marketing Mail® parcels. Adding USPS Tracking to that commercial mailing service requires paying a fee.
What is USPS First Class Package International?
First Class Package International is the cheapest USPS service to ship packages that weigh 4 lbs or less. Rather than expensive Post Office prices, you can book online, print your shipping labels and Customs Documents and then drop off at any USPS Post Office. To the majority of destinations, the package will still come with tracking so that both the sender and recipient can keep an eye on the delivery.
The USPS will then post your package internationally before the local Post Office in each destination makes the final delivery. We advise considering adding protection cover to the booking when shipping overseas, plus it is essential to provide a local working contact number so that Customs or the courier can reach out to the recipient should there be any issues with the delivery. All items shipped internationally are DDU (delivered duty unpaid). Any customs fees owed will need to be paid for by the recipient.
How long does First Class Mail take?
USPS First Class Package International transit times will vary depending on where you are shipping to as the local Post Office in each delivery destination can vary depending on how developed they are. USPS advice to allow between 12 and 20 working days for transit times for this economy service, plus there can be delays when the package is cleared through Customs. If you want a faster USPS service, or if your package is over 64oz/4lbs, we do offer USPS Priority Mail International. USPS offers this service in destinations where the local Post Service is reliable such as in China, Canada, the UK and a large number of other locations in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and beyond.
USPS First Class Tracking
Full package tracking is available in over 41 countries with USPS First Class Package International.
USPS International Tracking
USPS international mail services go to Canada, Mexico, and more than 190 countries. ParcelsApp.com makes it easy to track packages and share USPS tracking numbers with your customers.
To track your USPS package, all you need is the package tracking number, which can be found on your USPS shipping label.
What can I do if my package hasn’t been delivered?
First, please check the delivery standard for the mail class of your domestic item. You can find out the mail class by entering the USPS® Tracking number and looking up “Product Information.” Then compare your mail class and progress to what is found in the Mail Delivery Standards chart located in Delayed mail and packages?. The delivery standard chart indicates when your item should be delivered by and when we suggest you could email or call Customer Service regarding your item. Also, if your item has a status of “Alert,” a delay could have occurred because of weather-related and other natural disasters or events. In this case, please check USPS Service Alerts first.
How long does it take for international first class mail?
Using First Class Mail International, deliveries generally take between 7–21 days to arrive, although the USPS does not guarantee delivery dates or times. Mail may travel to its destination by ground, air or a combination of both.
USPS Expected Delivery Window
When checking the status of your item, you may see a message about the Expected Delivery Window (ExDW). This window is a 2-hour slot of time when you can expect your package to arrive. Delivery within that time is not guaranteed, however, you may still receive your item by the end of the day if it does not arrive within the expected time slot. Check USPS Tracking® for updated information.
What can I do if my mailpiece hasn’t been delivered?
First, please check the delivery standard for the mail class of your domestic item. You can find out the mail class by entering the USPS® Tracking number and looking up “Product Information.” Then compare your mail class and progress to what is found in the Mail Delivery Standards chart located in Delayed mail and packages?.
USPS Delivery Tracking
The USPS offers both domestic and international services. The rate for sending a First Class Mail within the United States is $0.49 for the first ounce, as of 2014. Each additional ounce is charged $0.21. For large envelopes or flat parcels, the rate is $0.98 for the first ounce and $0.21 per additional ounce. Parcels and packages are charged $2.32 for the first three ounces and $0.18 per additional ounce. In addition to First Class Mail, the USPS offers Priority Mail Express for guaranteed overnight delivery to most locations and Priority Mail for non-guaranteed day-specific delivery within one to three days. Priority Mail is also available for First Class Mail and Standard Post for larger mail items and parcels.
While delivery within the U.S. is handled by the USPS, delivery outside the country is generally carried out by local mail services. For example, in the United Kingdom delivery of items sent with the USPS will be delivered by the Royal Mail. USPS’s international services include First Class Mail International, which was formerly known as Airmail. This class of service includes small packages weighing up to 1.8 kilograms or 4 pounds. First Class Mail International rates start from $1.15 for sending postcards, envelopes and flat mail items. Rates for sending an item with USPS’s First Class Package International Service for parcels start at $6.55. Actual rates depend on the destination, dimensions and weight of the item. Delivery times vary depending on the destination.
Other international services offered by the USPS include Priority Mai International, Express Mail International and Global Express Guaranteed. Priority and Express services can be used for sending items to almost every country in the world. Customs forms are generally required when sending all international mail, depending on the service level and the value of the item.
What does USPS tracking number look like?
- USPS Tracking® 9400 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Priority Mail® 9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Certified Mail® 9407 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Collect On Delivery Hold For Pickup 9303 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Global Express Guaranteed® 82 000 000 00
- Priority Mail Express International® EC 000 000 000 US
- Priority Mail Express® 9270 1000 0000 0000 0000 00, EA 000 000 000 US
- Priority Mail International® CP 000 000 000 US
- Registered Mail™ 9208 8000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Signature Confirmation™ 9202 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
What’s In Transit means in USPS
If a shipment is “in-transit” then that means that carrier has scanned the package upon pickup and it is now en route to the end customer.
If a shipment stays ‘in transit’ for a prolonged period of time, it is possible it may have been delayed. There are many things that can delay an order past its original expected delivery date – poor road conditions, weather, and deliverability of the location are a few examples.
What’s Out for Delivery means in USPS
This status indicates that the package has left the carrier’s facility and is on its way to the end customer’s destination address. What’s Delivered means in USPS This status indicates the package has been delivered to the end customer. The package will have been dropped off and the tracking should note the delivery date/time.
If for any reason any package is unable to be delivered, one of the below statuses may be encountered:
- Delivery Failure -This status indicates that the package was unable to be delivered for some reason (i.e.street number not found; no secure location available; no access; etc). Typically an order that fails to deliver will be returned to sender (explained below).
- Return to Sender -This status indicates that USPS attempted to deliver the package to the customer but was unable to complete delivery for some reason – generally a carrier tries multiple times to deliver a package before processing a return to sender.
What does Return to Sender means?
This status is essentially the same as the domestic one, but it is important to note that packages sent back from foreign countries may incur duties and taxes for the return (vendors are responsible for any duties or taxes incurred for a return). Depending on the fees, it may be beneficial to have the package disposed of at the destination country and another one sent in its place – this is of course up to the vendor’s discretion.
Other Tracking Statuses
There are some uncommon tracking statuses that may be seen when checking a package’s tracking. A few examples include the following:
- Damaged in transit – This indicates that the package was damaged while being delivered. For this, a claim would be filed through the carrier to receive some type of compensation.
- Uncontrollable customs delay – This occurs when a package routed internationally is held up at customs for some reason. Typically there is not much that can be done in this scenario, except for having the end customer pay any outstanding duties or taxes.
- Missed “In Transit” pickup scans (applies to USPS international) – Sometimes an internationally routed package sent via USPS can stay stuck “in transit” for a long period of time and then all of a sudden update to “delivered.” It is important to note that since USPS does not guarantee international tracking, packages sent out at this service level can lose tracking updates once it hits the destination country
Where do I find my tracking number?
Your tracking number can be found in the following places:
- Your USPS mailing receipt
- Your online name or label record, on the off chance that you obtained protection on the web (through Click-N-Ship® or eBay)
- Your USPS Post Office shipping receipt
- Your USPS sales receipt if you bought insurance at the Post Office
- Your USPS email confirmation if you shipped from USPS.com
- The shipping confirmation email you received from an online USPS retailer
- The bottom peel-off portion of your USPS Tracking label
- The back of the orange slip you received if you missed a USPS delivery
- Your business receipt, in the event that you acquired protection at a Post Office
- The article sent (beneath the standardized identification)
How do I access tracking information?
The kind of tracking and shipping information accessible is based on the classification of mail or add-on services you purchased at the time of mailing. Whether you are the sender or recipient, you can track your item:
- By USPS.Com Online: Use USPS Tracking® on the United States Postal Service® website.
- By USPS Text Tracking : Send a text to 28777 (2USPS) with your monitoring number as the content material of the message. Standard message and facts prices can also apply.
- By smartphone: Download the USPS Mobile® app for iPhone® and Android™. Google Play banner – “Android App on Google Play”
- By USPS phone Calling: To gain monitoring information, clients can go to Contact USPS for the telephone wide variety and hours of operation. For telecommunications machine for the Deaf/Teletypewriter (TDD/TTY), name 1-800-877-8339. Listen to computerized statistics 24 hours/seven days per week.
How long are records kept for tracking?
The records of USPS mail classes and services, counting get to to bundle history and Confirmation of Conveyance when accessible, are put away within the framework for the life of the bundle information:
|Mail Class and Services||Record Storage|
|USPS Tracking® Service||120 days|
|Signature Confirmation™ Service||1 year|
|Priority Mail Express® Service||2 years|
|Certified Mail™ Service||2 years|
|Registered Mail™ Service||2 years|
|Numbered International Mail Services||2 years|
|Adult Signature Required/Adult Signature Restricted Delivery Mail Services||2 years|
USPS Text Tracking
USPS Text Tracking (usps.com/texttracking)is a mechanism by which customers can be notified of the status of their package. Standard Message and Data Rates may apply. There are now several ways that customers can request Text Tracking:
USPS Text Tracking From your phone:
- Send a text to 28777 (2USPS) with your USPS tracking number as the content of the message. The text reply from USPS will be the latest tracking information for the item.
- Send a text to 28777 (2USPS) with your tracking number and a keyword.
- Keywords tell USPS the specific information you want to know, such whether or not delivery has been attempted.
- See more on keywords under the heading at How do I use keywords?
USPS Text Tracking From the web site:
After tracking a package on the USPS Tracking on this web site you may register to receive Text Tracking on a tracking number by tracking number basis. You may elect one of the following Text Tracking Options on the web site:
- Expected Delivery Updates
- Day of Delivery Updates
- Package Delivered
- Available for Pickup
- Delivery Exception Updates
- All the options above
USPS Priority Mail International standard and Express Service
Priority Mail International is an affordable option when sending letters and parcels to more than 180 countries around the world. Delivery is typically within six to ten business days, depending on the origin and destination. Transit time between rural or remote areas may be longer. The service includes USPS Tracking and free package pick-up where available. Insurance cover may also be purchased to protect items for up to $5,000, depending on the destination country. Rates start from $29.25 at Post Office locations. The exact price will depend on the dimensions, weight and destination of the item being sent. The maximum weight for sending an item by Priority Mail International is 70 pounds.
A Flat Rate service is also available for Priority Mail International. Free shipping supplies including envelopes and boxes may be ordered online or picked up at a Post Office location. When ready, the item can be dropped off at a mail box or at a local Post Office. Flat Rate Priority Mail International is available for large and medium boxes weighing up to 20 pounds. Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Boxes are also available for consignments weighing up to four pounds.
Items send with Priority Mail Express International are generally delivered within three to five business days in most major markets. The exact delivery time will depend on the origin and destination of the item. Priority Mail Express International is available from $35.25 at Post Office locations.
The service includes a variety of features, including free shipping supplies. Boxes, envelopes and other shipping supplies can be ordered online or at a Post Office. The service also includes USPS Tracking at no additional cost. Priority Mail Express International also includes up to $100 insurance cover for documents and up to $200 for merchandise, as well as free package pick-up where available. Additional coverage may be purchased for up to $5,000, depending on the destination country. Guaranteed date-certain service and money-back guarantees are offered when sending items to Australia, China, France (excluding Corsica), Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Spain (excluding the Canary Islands) and the United Kingdom.
The Priority Mail Express Flat Rate option includes free envelopes and boxes for sending items to more than 180 countries. In addition to free shipping supplies, the service is available with no weighing or rate calculation when sending individual items. The envelope or box can be dropped off at a blue UPSP mail box or at a Post Office location. Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Boxes are used for sending consignments weighing up to 20 pounds, while Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Envelopes may be used for items up to 4 pounds.
USPS Global Express Guaranteed
Global Express Guaranteed is the USPS’s fastest international service. Delivery is typically within one to three business days, depending on the destination. Items send with Global Express Guaranteed are delivered in partnership with FedEx Express. Rates start at $51.50, and prices depend on the size of the item and the destination. Global Express Guaranteed includes free package pickup, where available. The service includes USPS . Tracking and $100 insurance cover, although additional cover may be purchased.
USPS Business Solutions
The USPS provides a range of services to businesses, including cost-effective shipping services and bespoke business solutions. Business may purchase mail products including stamps and shipping services with free USPS Tracking at discounted rates from USPS.com. Where available, free package pick-up and Saturday delivery in addition to free shipping supplies delivered directly to businesses. The USPS also offers Direct Mail services, which is targeted and customised to individual businesses.
Most domestic and international services are available at discounted prices for businesses. The USPS provides three levels of service for businesses. A Negotiated Service Agreement offers the highest levels of discounts and is designed for companies that ship more than $1 million each year. The agreement creates tailored rates and services based on individual needs and requirements. Commercial Base and Commercial Plus pricing is available to high volume senders of lightweight packages. Commercial Base Pricing offers businesses basic discounts without a qualifying volume amount. Businesses simply register with the USPS. Commercial Plus Pricing is designed for shippers who send up to 5,000 First Class parcels or up to 50,000 Priority parcels each year. These senders qualify for discounted prices above Commercial Base Pricing.
USPS Parcel Select Ground
- What is USPS Parcel Select Ground? It’s an economy ground delivery service, offering cost-effective delivery for medium and large packages travelling within the US.
- Popular with eBay sellers and businesses for its competitive pricing, USPS Parcel Select can help you ship multiple parcels across US States or send a single package to a neighbouring state.
USPS Parcel Select Ground tracking
You have full access to USPS Parcel Select tracking via our USPS tracking tool.
USPS Parcel Select delivery time
The estimated delivery time for Parcel Select Ground is 2-8 business days. Parcel Select deliveries are made Monday – Friday before 5.00 pm.
USPS package lost or stolen what to do?
If your USPS package has gone missing, there are a few steps you can take. First, check if the service you paid for comes with built in USPS insurance. For example, all USPS Priority Mail services come with insurance ($50 at the Post Office, and $100 with online shipping software). If your parcel comes with insurance, you can file an insurance claim directly with USPS. If USPS approves the claim, they will mail you a check.
Another step you can take is to file a missing mail search request with USPS. Note that you’ll need to create a free USPS.com account first. In addition, you can also contact USPS directly at 1-800-ASK-USPS. However, if you do go that route, keep in mind that you may be on the phone for quite some time.
USPS Contact Information
The United States Postal Service headquarters is located at 475 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC, 20260-0004, United States.
- USPS Email: You can write an Email to With this USPS.COM ® link USPS Customer Service
- USPS Phone Call: Call directly on toll free phone number 1-800-ASK-USPS™(1-800-275-8777)
- USPS TDD/TTY Relay:Call 1-800-877-8339. Ask for 1-800-275-8777
The United States Postal Service delivers to nearly 153 million addresses across the country. Approximately 40 per cent of the world’s mail volume is handled by the USPS, which processed 158.4 billion pieces of mail in 2013. The agency also manages more than 31,000 retail offices and a fleet of over 211,000 vehicles. Each year, USPS mail carriers and truck drivers drive approximately 1.2 billion miles. The USPS receives no tax dollars for its operations and is not a government-owned agency. Rather, the USPS acts as a quasi-government agency with the exclusive legal right to deliver first-class and third-class mail. It also has special privileges afforded to government agencies, including sovereign immunity, eminent domain powers and powers to negotiate international postal treaties.
The USPS traces its roots to 1775 during the Second Continental Congress, where Benjamin Franklin was appointed the first postmaster general. The cabinet-level Post Office Department was created in 1792 from Franklin’s operation and transformed into its current form in 1971 under the Postal Reorganization Act.
The first independent postal services in the United States were formed in the North American colonies of Massachusetts and Virginia. The first centralised postal service was created in 1691 with the North American Postal Service, although the USPS traces its roots to 1775 when the first postmaster general was appointed and the United States Post Office was created.
The USPS employed 626,764 workers (as of January 2014) and operated 211,654 vehicles in 2013. The USPS is the operator of the largest civilian vehicle fleet in the world. The USPS is legally obligated to serve all Americans, regardless of geography, at uniform price and quality. The USPS has exclusive access to letter boxes marked “U.S. Mail” and personal letterboxes in the United States.
The USPS has the largest civilian vehicle fleet in the world — about 260,000 vehicles (mainly Chevrolet / Grumman LLV, as well as new Ford / Utilimaster FFV). In an interview for National Public Radio, a USPS spokesman officially stated that while increasing the cost of gasoline by one cent, the US Postal Service spends an additional $ 8 million on fuel for its fleet. This means that the park requires about 800 million gallons (3.03 billion liters) of fuel per year, which, in turn, entails costs of $ 3.2 billion, with an average gasoline price of $ 4 per gallon. Some rural postmen (Rural Letter Carriers) use private cars to operate.
FedEx and UPS compete directly with the US Postal Service in the area of fast mail and parcel delivery. Because of the postal monopoly, these companies are not allowed to deliver non-urgent (regular) letters, as well as use private and commercial mailboxes to the United States. These services also deliver packages that are usually larger and heavier than the USPS can accept, and, unlike regular mail, they put trace numbers on each package or package. DHL Express was the third major competitor until it stopped servicing domestically in February 2009.
More about USPS Tracking
USPS High Island
2008 S 5Th St High Island, Tx 77623 - 0135
USPS Conception Junction
609 S Main St Conception Junction, Mo 64434 - 9998
USPS Fort Jennings
20 S Water St Fort Jennings, Oh 45844 - 9998
213 Old Highway Rd Garysburg, Nc 27831 - 9998
USPS Holly Pond
77 Brooklyn Rd Holly Pond, Al 35083 - 6475
5200 Clark Ave Lakewood, Ca 90714 - 9998
200 E Cochran Ave Hastings, Fl 32145 - 4228
34 Wiley Ave S Lidgerwood, Nd 58053 - 9998
USPS Gallipolis Ferry
11945 Huntington Rd Gallipolis Ferry, Wv 25515 - 9998
101 N Dean St Gladewater, Tx 75647 - 9998