Entering the USPS tracking number associated with a mailpiece into the USPS international Tracking or usps tracking page gives you the current status of an item along with other tracking information. That info includes, if available, usps delivery and/or attempted delivery information, including date and usps time of delivery as well as the delivery location of the item (mailbox, reception desk, neighbor, etc.).
USPS Tracking does not expedite or guarantee delivery. There is no additional cost for the tracking mechanism on products that automatically include USPS Tracking. Basically, you pay for that product’s postage, and tracking is included, unless you are shipping USPS Marketing Mail® parcels. Adding USPS Tracking to that commercial mailing service requires paying a fee.
- What about USPS International shipping products?
Tracking is included with many — but not all — international products; however, destination restrictions can apply. To learn more about tracking options for international products, visit the International Mail & Shipping page.
- What about USPS First-Class Mail letters?
While end-to-end tracking is not available for First-Class Mail letters, you can purchase an Extra Service and get tracking information. Learn more about First-Class Mail options here.
Your USPS tracking number can be found in the following places:
- Your USPS Post Office ™ shipping receipt
- Your USPS sales receipt if you bought insurance at the Post Office ™
- Your USPS email confirmation if you shipped from USPS.com
- The shipping confirmation email you received from an online USPS retailer
- The bottom peel-off portion of your USPS Tracking ® label
- The back of the orange slip you received if you missed a USPS ® delivery
USPS Tracking ® Service
USPS Number Formates
|USPS Tracking®||9400 1000 0000 0000 0000 00|
|Priority Mail®||9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00|
|Certified Mail®||9407 3000 0000 0000 0000 00|
|Collect on Delivery||9303 3000 0000 0000 0000 00|
|Global Express Guaranteed®||82 000 000 00|
|Priority Mail Express International™||EC 000 000 000 US|
|Priority Mail Express™||9270 1000 0000 0000 0000 00|
|EA 000 000 000 US|
|Priority Mail International®||CP 000 000 000 US|
|Registered Mail ™||9208 8000 0000 0000 0000 00|
|Signature Confirmation ™||9202 1000 0000 0000 0000 00|
- TTY Access for Federal Relay Services:
- 1-800-877-8339 TTY/ASCII
- 1-800-845-6136 Spanish
- 1-866-377-8642 Voice
- Email: USPS® Customer Service
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8 AM - 8:30 PM ET
Saturday 8 AM - 6 PM ET
If a package qualifies for the USPS Delivery Instructions™ service, you can tell USPS where to leave a package at your address, send it to a different address, or send it to your Post Office.
Click Change Delivery Instructions on the tracking results page to leave your request. If you do not see the Change Delivery Instructions link, your package is not eligible for the Delivery Instructions service.
No “Delivery Instructions” Link
There are several reasons a package may not be eligible for Delivery Instructions.
Ineligible packages may have:
- Already left the Post Office for delivery
- A Hold Mail request
- A Forward Mail request
- A military (APO/FPO) or DPO address
- An international sender
- A Delivery Signature request
- A Collect on Delivery (COD) request
- An active USPS Package Intercept® order
- Insurance for $500 or more
- Call USPS on 1-800-344-7779 For technical support for below kinds.
- USPS tracking not updating
- USPS tracking down (USPS.COM)
- If USPS change of address difficulties through USPS.COM
- Technical Problems with USPS rates checking Webpages not working
- If an error message is blocking you from a USPS.com web page, there are several ways to fix the problem.
- If you have bookmarked this USPS page or placed it in Favorites, delete the bookmark. Restart your browser and go to the page again. If this works, reset your bookmark
- Delete your browser's Internet cookies and clear your cache. Restart your browser and go to the page again
- Close this browser and open a different browser. Go to the page again. For example, change from Chrome to Internet Explorer.
- If none of these fixes work, email USPS Technical Support or call 1-800-344-7779. Please provide this information when you contact us:
- Web page you were trying to see.
- The exact error message you are getting.
- The browser you are using.
Search in USPS
USPS Tracking With Number
What is USPS Tracking ? Track USPS Tracking® administration gives start to finish thing following and is accessible for most residential mail items that are huge enough and that are routed to local areas, including to restricted Army Post Offices (APOs), Fleet Post Offices (FPOs),…