UPS Tracking offers several ways to track, and provides convenient ways to stay informed of current status, unexpected delays, and ultimately the delivery of your shipment.
How do I track using a UPS Tracking number?
Using the tracking number automatically assigned to your shipment, visit your country or territory's UPS homepage and enter the number in the track window. You can enter multiple tracking numbers if needed. You'll be able to see the shipping date, the current location of the package and the estimated arrival date, as well as verify the arrival of your shipment. If you're using Quantum View Manage®, WorldShip®, UPS CampusShip® or UPS My Choice®, you can set preferences to receive email or text notifications.
UPS Track by Reference
- When creating a shipment, you can assign a reference like a purchase order number or customer number (up to 35 characters) to help track shipments without entering tracking numbers.
- When you create a shipment, you can assign it a reference name or number that aligns with your customers' or your business systems. This reference can contain letters and/or numbers, and can be a Purchase Order (PO) number, a customer’s job number, a Bill of Lading number or even a group of words that identifies the shipment. To use this reference to track your shipment, go to the main Tracking page and select Track by Reference. Input your reference in the Shipment Reference field, indicate whether your shipment is package or freight, and select your shipping dates. Then select the Track button.
UPS Tracking History
- Log into ups.com account to view up to 75 of your most recently tracked shipments. You can store up to 50 tracking numbers in your Tracking History table for easy access. This is also the place to add or change a shipment description for a quick, at-a-glance reference
UPS My Choice
- Manage home deliveries to fit your schedule by changing how, when and where they are delivered.
UPS Quantum View
- Get detailed visibility into shipping activity across your supply chain with highly customizable views, notifications and reporting.
UPS Flex Global View
- Manage your global supply chain, suppliers and inventory with enterprise-wide tracking across multiple transportation modes.
How much does it cost to ship an UPS package?
- UPS Shipping cost depends on origin, destination, service, package weight and other considerations. Calculate Time and Cost helps you to compare delivery times and published rates for sending UPS shipments to destinations around the world.
I've been tracking my UPS package, but it doesn't seem to be moving. Why?
- Your UPS package is still within the UPS network and, unless otherwise noted, should be delivered on the scheduled delivery date. Shipment movement information is captured each time a tracking label is scanned in the UPS delivery system. There may be several days between scans if the shipment is going cross-country or moving between countries
UPS Contact Customer Service (USA)
- 1-888-742-5877 (1-888-PICK-UPS®)
For International shipping, call 1-866-782-7892
- TTY/TDD Access for Hearing Impaired: 1-800-833-0056
UPS Trade Management
- International Import/Export Services: 800-782-7892
- UPS Supply Chain Solutions: 800-742-5727
For heavyweight shipments more than 150 lbs or palletized freight:
- Less than truckload (more than 150 lbs): 800-333-7400
- UPS Truckload (more than 12,000 lbs): 888-682-4652
- UPS Air Freight (more than 150 lbs): 800-443-6379
- UPS Ocean Freight: 800-350-8440
UPS Email Address
UPS'll respond to your request as quickly as possible.